Sunday, March 08, 2009

Boring blog week, cooking class in Kansas City


8 Marzo
Here I am fretting last minute plans to come to the states for my visa and I still don't have an appointment with the consulate in Chicago, flights from Denver to Chicago to St. Louis to Denver to Chicago (complicated, huh), but at least I talked with someone there who will work on helping me get all the t's crossed and i's dotted.
An Fyi for those who live near KC, my friend Judy is coming to Lee's Summit to teach a cooking class. She lives near Florence where she ran a cooking school for years and I highly recommend an evening out with Judy as your host. Here is the info:
April 7 –
Tuesday Cooking Class
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Judy Witts Francini
Italian Cooking
If you've ever been to cooking class here that Jasper Mirabile, Jr. has taught - you have heard Judy's name! JJ has learned many things from his wonderful friend Judy. Judy will be here in the United States and we are so blessed to be able to host one of her classes. You will want to sign up early for this class as it will sell out quickly!
Menu del Giorno
Sundried Tomato and Toasted Almond Sicilian Pesto on Bread, Pear & Pecorino Salad wtih Arugula,
Ravioli Gnudi with Butter-Sage & Parmesan, Rice Fritters for dessert.
$55.00 per person
A Thyme For Everything
231 SE Main Street
Downtown Lee's Summit
816.554.3755
Here, I have been hoeing every day, which doesn't make for very good blog copy, but is useful for improved health of our grapevines. I hope we have finished about a third and it has been a bit easier the last 2 days as I leave the forest of weeds to the south devastated in my wake.
Today being Sunday is a day of rest from the "zappa", but we have 4 rooms full with our guests for B&B weekend, so there will be breakfast to offer. I plan on taking a little drive into Umbria for the day with Bacco and hopefully can bring back some good pix.
I had the z4 inspected in Ascoli at the license bureau and it lacked only the proper head and tail light covers. Unfortunately, those come as one piece, with the lights included, in these wonderful BMW's, and the cost of replacement will be a mind blowing 1400 euros (add 27% for the stronger euro). Does anyone need some american approved lights for their z4? I drove my car out of their little testing garage and a speed bump made of metal broke the plastic shield under the motor just for good measure. My advice if you move to europe is to give your car to the kids and buy one here!
The weather here is almost perfect for hoeing or sightseeing in the mid 50's and sunny. We hope to plow up our 1/2 hectare in readiness for planting the cross between verdicchio and sauvignon blanc sometime in the next couple of weeks if the dry weather holds. At the same time, the old vineyard will be pulled out. Finally, our tractor should arrive in the next week or so, then I can do some REAL damage!
dds

No comments: