Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! My "Amazing Grace" post






26 Novembre
I hope despite all the economic and political turmoil we are experiencing now, you all take time to remember all the things we have to be thankful for, not just today, but every day!
Please check out this you tube post, with one of the best versions of Amazing Grace I have heard, by R. Carlos Nakai, a native american flutist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-3oBDIzjNE&feature=related
Here are the words if you want to sing along.

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
was blind, but now I see.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
and grace my fears relieved;
how precious did that grace appear
the hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils, and snares,
I have already come;
'tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
and grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me,
his word my hope secures;
he will my shield and portion be,
as long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
and mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess, within the veil,
a life of joy and peace.

When we've been there ten thousand years,
bright shining as the sun,
we've no less days to sing God's praise
than when we first begun.

Words by: John Newton; for more info on him, check out: http://www.anointedlinks.com/amazing_grace.html
(stanza 6 anonymous, 19th century USA melody; harmony by Edwin O. Excell.

The pictures are just there to impart a bit of:
Peace and Happy Thanksgiving!
dwight

2 comments:

Jan O. said...

Your pictures are incredible! Hope you have a blessed holiday.
Best wishes,
Jan

Lorie said...

Happy turkey day from sunny southern California.

lorie, rob, mr. poundcake, and skippy, the timeshare dog