Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy President's Day, Happy Kosovo independence day?





18 feb.
We had a very tranquil St. Valentine's Day weekend, unfortunately empty despite our wonderful romantic package offer. Oh, well. Maybe next year.
The planters started laying out the vineyard today while I practiced my new olive pruning skills. Right now, I am exhausted having finished about a third of our 104 trees before walking all the way around our property inspecting the work of the planters from all angles.
If we get a little rain, always a big IF, we will begin planting this week! Everyone cross their fingers.
We had 24 people for lunch yesterday and I cooked wild boar and tiramisu and Raffa cooked risotto and made a chocolate souffle'.
I wasn't completely satisfied with the wild pig which tasted a bit bland to me. The problem, I think was having 5 different dishes in the oven at once which made cooking times a bit strange. I am making a bordelaise sauce tonight to use with the leftover cinghiale.
I am still waiting for word from the Italian consulate in Chicago as to my visa requirements. Tally so far - 7 emails and 1 fax.
Also, I have no valid driver's license for america right now. Damn President's day. Can't call anyone :)
The pictures are of Carnivale at Offida, Ascoli, flowers in the yard and the inhabitants of Nascondiglio di Bacco.
I will get up early and take some photos of our land before it gets planted. Before and after photos.
d

No comments: